2224 R St. NW is a three-story brick building, built in 1902 as a private house. It was purchased by the Taiwanese government in the 1940’s and used for military attaches and other government officials until 1990. It then remained vacant until 2003 when Raymond and Laura Saba purchased it and turned in to the Embassy Circle Guest House, a bed-and-breakfast with 10 rooms..
Some past posts
The Bulfinch Gatehouses were a pair of identical gatehouses erected about 1826 on the west entrance to the Capitol, by Charles Bulfinch, Architect of the Capitol. They were removed from the Capitol grounds in 1874, and in 1880 were set up in their present locations – one at the corner of 17th and Constitution, and […]