The Gladstone is located at 1423 R St. NW. It was designed as an apartment building, and now is a condominium. It, and the twin building The Hawarden next door, were built in 1900 by architect George Cooper, in the Romanesque Revival style.
Brightwood Elementary School is a D.C. public elementary school. It started in 1897, and the current building at 1300 Nicholson St. was built in 1926. The architect was Waddy B. Wood, a famed D.C. architect. The building is a three-story brick building with a columned facade above the front door, and limestone trim.
3018 13th St. NW is a three-story brick rowhouse, built in 1912.
Corcoran Hall, at 725 21st Street, N.W. , is an academic building at George Washington University. It was built by GW in 1924, designed by architects Albert L. Harris and Arthur B. Heaton. It was named after William Corcoran, President of the trustees and founder of the Corcoran Gallery of Art. The building is four […]
939 T St. NW is a two story brick rowhouse with brick trimming, built in 1900. It is currently in the process of being remodeled.
The DCFD station at 5101 Georgia Ave NW houses Engine Company 24 and Rescue 2, and is one of the three heavy-duty rescue operations in D.C. Engine Company 24 was formed in 1911, originally at 3702 Georgia Ave. NW, and this location later became a Metro stop. Engine Company 24 and Rescue 2 moved to […]
The Brotherhood of the Cross and Star is at 916 Rittenhouse St. NW. The Brotherhood has a number of churches in the U.S., and describes itself as a “Spiritual School of Practical Christianity.” The building is a two-story brick house with attic dormer, built in 1936.
452 M St. NW is a three-story brick rowhouse, built in 1894.
216 4th St. NE is a two-story brick rowhouse, with wood and brick detailing around the doors, windows, and roof. It was built in 1900.
1522 32nd St. NW is a small two-story rowhouse built in 1900, and now divided into condo units.