The Woodward & Lothrup department store building is at 1025 F St. NW. Built in 1886, the building was remodeled several times until it reached the current form in 1927. The building is 10 stories, and originally contained 400,000 square feet. The exterior includes painted cast iron details and leaded glass.
Woodward & Lothrup went bankrupt in 1994, and the building remained vacant for several years before being acquired by Douglas Development and being remodeled into a combination of retail and office space.