2146 Georgia Avenue N.W. was the Bond Bread factory, and covers half a city block. This door is from the rear of the building on 8th St. It was built in 1929 and closed in 1971. Since then, it was owned by the D.C. government and used for various utility purposes, and was then bought by Howard University.
It is now on the National Register of Historic Places, and restoration plans are not yet certain and it remains empty. It was one of three bread factories built in the nearby area, all part of the movement to make food under sanitary conditions. It is considered one of the best examples of applying Art Deco style to a large industrial building.