2133 R St. is a three-story brick townhouse built in 1902, by architects Hornblower & Marshall. The house was designed as an art studio for Edward Lind Morse, son of Samuel F.B. Morse. After a few years, it was converted from a studio to a residence. At one point, the oldest son of FDR lived there, while his parents lived next door.