2224 R St. NW is a three-story brick building, built in 1902 as a private house. It was purchased by the Taiwanese government in the 1940’s and used for military attaches and other government officials until 1990. It then remained vacant until 2003 when Raymond and Laura Saba purchased it and turned in to the […]
1300 17th St. NW is the Pen Arts building, the headquarters for the National League of American Pen Women. It was originally built in 1887 by architect William Poindexter, as a 20-room private residence for an opera singer. The building is three stories, with turrets and a brick exterior in a basket-weave pattern, and brick […]
1708 S St. NW is a four story Georgian mansion, brick with stone trim. It was built in 1908, by architect Leon E. Dessez. In 1949, the D.C. alumni of the fraternity Kappa Alpha Psi bought the house, and it, along with two other nearby buildings, became a center of pan-Hellenic African-American organizations.