1621 22nd St. NW is the Embassy of Bulgaria. It is a large three-story building, brick with stone trim, built in 1911.
2139 R Street is a large four-story townhouse, built in 1908 of brick with stone trim. It is currently the Tanzania Chancery.
2223 R St. is a three and 1/2 story stone building, built by architect George Oakley Totten in the style of an Italian palazzo. It is referred to as the Charles Evans Hughes House; he lived there from 1930 until when he died in 1948. The building was originally constructed in 1907 as an embassy. […]
2220 R St. NW is the Embassy of Guatemala, a three-story brick building built in 1931.
1732 21st St. is a three-story brick townhouse, built in 1905.
2127 R St. is a four-story Victorian brick townhouse, built in 1910.
2201 R St. is a four-story brick and limestone building, built in the Neo-Classical style in 1906 by architect John McGregor as a residence for Gardner Frederick Williams. It was formerly the Embassy of Pakistan, but after they relocated, the building has been abandoned for several years.
2339 Massachusetts Avenue, the Wendell Mansion, is a five-story Beaux-Arts building constructed in 1906. It was originally a single-family home, but is now divided into four condos.
2133 R St. is a three-story brick townhouse built in 1902, by architects Hornblower & Marshall. The house was designed as an art studio for Edward Lind Morse, son of Samuel F.B. Morse. After a few years, it was converted from a studio to a residence. At one point, the oldest son of FDR lived […]
2446 Belmont Road will soon become famous as the house the Obamas rent after his Presidency. The house is three stories, brick with Tudor details. It was built in 1928, and last sold in 2014 for $5.295 million. The house is close to its neighbors and similar in size to the other large 1920’s […]