The Western Bus Garage is at 5230 Wisconsin Avenue. The building faces 44th Street and the garage doors are on the 44th Street side. It was built in 1934, by noted D.C. architect Arthur B. Heaton. The large building is in the shape of a trapezoid. The facade is brick, with concrete and steel and […]
3224 Highland Place is a large 3-story single family house, built in 1898. It is nicknamed the “wedding cake house” for its Victorian splendor in cream with white trim.
This is an old vacant building on Chesapeake Street, on the corner of 41st Street – don’t know what the address is, but it is likely to be 4100. It is on the southwest corner of Fort Reno Park. It is a two-story brick building, now boarded up. It was constructed in 1937, and originally […]
The Abby, at 3621 Newark Street, is a four-story apartment building, brick with stone trim. It was built in 1927, and has 49 units.
3428 Ashley Terrace is a two-story detached house with wood siding. It was built in 1940.
3209 Highland Place is a large three-story brick Georgian-style house. It is now the National Child Research Center, an independent pre-school.
The Sixth Church of Christ Scientist is at 4601 Massachusetts Avenue, NW. The original building was constructed in 1962, and the building was expanded in 1978 with a new front. This door is the main entrance to the church. It has glass panels on the sides, and a row of Corinthian columns on the portico […]
4300 Fordham Road was built in 1939 as part of the Spring Valley center. The buildings are brick, in the Colonial Revival style. The complex is on the National Register of Historic Places.
2807 Connecticut Avenue is an apartment building constructed in 1924. It is currently owned by WISH. WISH has 35 buildings in the city, including this one, that they rent as housing to interns and students.
3220 Wisconsin Avenue is a two-story brick apartment building, constructed in 1923 with 17 units.