This is an old vacant building on Chesapeake Street, on the corner of 41st Street – don’t know what the address is, but it is likely to be 4100. It is on the southwest corner of Fort Reno Park. It is a two-story brick building, now boarded up. It was constructed in 1937, and originally […]
4321 Wisconsin Avenue, the “Friendship Building”, is a two-story brick office building with stone trim. It was the first office building constructed in Tenleytown.
4441 Wisconsin Avenue is a three-story stone building constructed as a Masonic Temple in 1926. Currently, the William R. Singleton Hope-Lebanon Lodge #7 occupies one portion of the building with a door on the side of the front, and two small restaurants with glass fronts occupy the main part of the front facade.
The Taipei Economic and Cultural Representative Office in the United States is in a four-story modern building at 4201 Wisconsin Avenue.
4345 Wisconsin Avenue, facing Tenley Circle, is a large single-family home. It was built in 1923, with a stone facade and a wrap-around portico.
St. Ann’s Academy, at 4404 Wisconsin Avenue in Tenleytown, is the parish school, adjoining St. Ann Roman Catholic Church. The academy and the church were built in 1947, by architect Henry D. Dagit & Sons. St. Ann’s closed at the end of 2014 due to low enrollment. The future use of the building is unknown […]
St. Ann’s, at 4400 Wisconsin Avenue, is in Tenleytown at one of the highest points of the city. It was built in 1947, by architect Henry D. Dagit & Sons.
4621 42nd St. NW was built in 1924. It is a small stone house, with a stone wall across the front of the house, obscuring half of the door. The house was built by Perna Brothers Construction, who also were part of the building of the Washington Monument and Glen Echo. Another of their buildings […]
4116 Chesapeake Street was built in 1910, by the Perna Brothers stone masons, who were builders in Tenleytown, along with their relatives the Porto family. They worked on a number of houses in Tenleytown, and also worked on the Washington Monument and some of the buildings in Glen Echo Park.
Eldbrooke Methodist Church has had a presence at 4100 River Road since 1840. The current building was built in 1926, and was their fourth church building at this location. In 2008, The City Church purchased the church. The church was designed by Howard W. Cutler, in the Spanish Colonial Revival style. the exterior is stucco, […]