Category Archives: Ward 8

2301 Martin Luther King Jr Avenue SE

The Max Robinson Center, a branch of the Whitman-Walker Clinic, is at the corner of 2301 Martin Luther King Jr Avenue SE and Chicago Street.  The building was constructed for the Eleventh Precinct of the D.C. Police in 1909, in the Italianate Renaissance style.  This door is on the Chicago St. side of the building.

2238 Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue

2234 and 2238 Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue are part of a four-lot parcel of land acquired by the D.C. government in 2010, with the former “Big K” liquor store as the biggest element of the parcel.  D.C. acquired the parcel to encourage development along the historic commercial corridor.  The two houses are vacant and […]

2234 Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue

2234 and 2238 Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue are part of a four-lot parcel of land acquired by the D.C. government in 2010, with the former “Big K” liquor store as the biggest element of the parcel.  D.C. acquired the parcel to encourage development along the historic commercial corridor.  The two houses are vacant and […]