The Andrew W. Mellon Auditorium, on Constitution Avenue, was completed in 1934 as part of the Federal Triangle project. It was designed by San Francisco architect Arthur Brown, Jr., and fits in between the surrounding buildings of Labor, ICC, and EPA, which he also designed. The facade has three identical gated doorways on the Constitution Avenue side. This image is of the middle doorway, with the gates open. The smooth stone is Deer Island pink granite, and the channeled stone is Indiana limestone. The lamps surrounding the doorway are 10 feet tall, with pineapple finials. The lamps and the gates are both made of aluminum, which has been gilded and oxidized.