Eastern Market & Barracks Row

800 G St SE

The Washington Mechanic’s Savings Bank constructed this building in 1908. It was designed by Clarence Harding and Frank Upton, in the Beaux Arts style, using limestone, granite, and tan brick. The City Bank owned the building from the 1930’s to the 1960’s. The building was purchased and restored by the landscape architecture firm Oehme van Sweden in 1987.