Constitution Hall is part of a three-building complex of the Daughters of the American Revolution. It has entrances on 17th St. and D St.; this door is from the 17th St. side. It is a 1929 Beaux Arts building designed by John Russell Pope, made with Alabama limestone. The hall was built for the annual convention of the DAR and has been used as a performance venue since its inception. It was the home of the National Symphony for 41 years, until the Kennedy Center opened. Every President since its opening has attended an event there.