Christ Church Georgetown is an Episcopal church at 3116 O St. NW. The parish was established in 1817, and has boundaries of Rock Creek, Wisconsin Avenue, M St., and R St., covering the eastern half of Georgetown. This building is the third building of the church on this site, constructed in 1886-1887 by architects Cassell and Laws. The style is late Victorian Gothic. Some of the architecture and iconography reflect the catholic traditions of the Anglican church, based on the wishes of the Rector, Albert Stuart, at the time of the building.