The E. Barrett Prettyman United States Courthouse was designed in 1949 by architect Louis Justement, in a streamlined classic style. It was one of the last buildings erected in the Judiciary Square area, and was designed to fit in with the other Federal architecture. The building houses the U.S. District Court for D.C., the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, and the U.S. Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court. The building faces Constitution Avenue, and the west facade shown here opens onto John Marshall Park. The building is on the National Register of Historic Places.