415 M St. NW is a rowhouse built in about 1860 for Joseph Prather, a butcher. In the early 1900’s, it was a Young Men’s Hebrew Association and a Jewish Community Center, and then a Hebrew Home for the Aged. From about 1927 to 1947, it was the Shomrei Shabbos synagogue. It then became the Church of Jesus Christ, then the Metropolitan Community Church, then a multi-family dwelling in 1993.
It is currently being renovated into 6 condo units. It has a historic mural inside from the early days of the synagogue, which will be moved by the Jewish Historical Society prior to the renovation.