Neighborhood
Dupont Circle

Old Chancery of the Embassy of the Philippines

The Old Chancery of the Embassy of the Philippines, at 1617 Massachusetts Avenue, was originally built for Daniel Stapleton in 1917, by architect Clarke Waggaman. The Philippines bought the property in 1941 for the Office of the Resident Commission, and later used it as the Chancery. A new Chancery was constructed across the street in 1993, and this building is now used for consular offices.