1706 18th St. NW is a large four-story townhouse built in 1912. The architect was Jules Henri de Sibour, who designed many D.C. offices, embassies, residences, and apartments in the Beaux-Arts style. The original owner was Margaret Cameron. The building is now the Russian News and Information Agency offices.
The Corcoran Gallery of Art was founded by William Corcoran in 1869, and ceased to operate as the Corcoran on October 1, 2014. The original gallery was in what is now the Renwick Museum. The gallery expanded to this building in 1897. Architect Ernest Flagg designed the building in the French Beaux-Arts style, with some […]
1742 Church Street was constructed in 1905 as a gymnasium for the Holton Arms School. The builder was J.A. Dowrick, and the building is red brick in the Georgian style. The Keegan Theater owns the building and operates a 115-seat theater there.
The National Bank of Washington is at 301 7th St. NW. The original building was a trapezoid, to fit on the land at the intersection of 7th St., C St., and Indiana Avenue, and to face the open Market Square plaza. It was designed by James Hill in 1889, in the Richardsonian Romanesque style. The […]
700 F St NW has been the Hotel Monaco since 2002. It was built as the General Post Office, in 1842 by architect Robert Mills, clad in marble with design elements referencing the Temple of Jupiter. The Post Office occupied the building until 1897, then it was the General Land Office and the Tariff Office […]
The Francis-Stevens Education Campus, at 2425 N St. NW, is a pre-K through 8th grade school. The building was constructed in 1927.
3032 N St. is a large townhouse, built in 1900. It is referred to as the William Nordlinger House, after the original owner.
1521 New Hampshire is a large four-story townhouse near Dupont Circle. It was built in 1890, and during the early 1900’s it was the home of the Spanish Embassy. It is now the National Cotton Council of America.
1105-1107 4th St SE was built in 2012, part of a section of rowhouses built as part of the Capitol Riverfront redevelopment. A total of 323 rowhouses were built, combining affordable homes for rent or purchase with market-rate homes.
Epiphany Catholic Church, at 2712 Dumbarton St. in Georgetown, is a parish in the Archdiocese of Washington.