Neighborhood
Dupont Circle

1744 R St. NW

1744 R St. is an three-story townhouse, now converted into 15,000 square feet of office space. It was built by architect Clarke Waggaman in 1912 in the Renaissance style, for the A.B. Butler family. The German Marshall Fund of the United States bought the property for $5.3 million in 2002 and use it for their global headquarters.