The fire station at 2225 M St. NW, Engine Co. 1 and Truck Co. 2, is one of the District’s 33 fire stations. This station is part of Battalion 6, and houses Engine 1, a 2003 Seagrave Pumper Truck. Engine Co. 1 was founded in 1864. The current building, containing 4 bays, was constructed in 1960.
Update: This fire station was torn down and is being redeveloped as part of the West End redevelopment project.