Eldbrooke Methodist Church has had a presence at 4100 River Road since 1840. The current building was built in 1926, and was their fourth church building at this location. In 2008, The City Church purchased the church.
The church was designed by Howard W. Cutler, in the Spanish Colonial Revival style. the exterior is stucco, with ornaments of cast cement. The door shown is the side door on the alley side. The church is on the National Register of Historic Places.