Neighborhood
Mount Vernon Square

628 M St. NW

628 M St. NW is a three-story red brick church, built in 1894 for the Peoples Congregational United Church of Christ, who occupied the building until 1954. From 1954 to 2003, the church was the home of St. Stephen’s Baptist Church. Since then, it has been owned by The United House of Prayer For All People. The large headquarters building for The United House of Prayer is across the street, and this small church is used for various functions and accomodations.