Near Northeast

Engine House No. 10

Engine House No. 10, at 1341 Maryland Ave NE, was built in 1895 and was used as a firehouse up until 1940, when the Engine 10 unit moved to Florida Avenue to combine with Truck Company 13. It is a three-story red brick building, with limestone and terracotta trim. It was designed in the Victorian style by Leon Emile Dessez, who designed eight D.C. firehouses.