The Government Printing Office Building No. 3 was built in 1940 for a cost of $5 million, with 480,000 square feet of space on eight floors. The supervising architect was Louis Simon. It replaced the original building constructed in 1861. It is at 732 N. Capitol Street, just to the north of the 1903 GPO building. It mirrors some of the architecture of the 1903 building, but is more stripped down. See also the 1903 building, and Building No. 4 (the warehouse).