The Woodhull House was built for Maxwell Woodhull in 1855, by an unknown architect. It is a two-story brick townhouse, in the Italianate style. Woodhull’s son donated the house to George Washington University in 1925. Woodhull House has been renovated as a museum of Washingtoniana, displaying the collection of Albert Small. The Textile Museum has […]
2525 P St. NW is a brick townhouse built in 1900, with street front doors leading to parking and patio, and the entrance to the house behind the doors. The adjoining property at 2527 has doors which are the mirror image of these doors.
941 and 943 25th St. NW are part of a row of four small two-story brick townhouses, built in 1959.
The Embassy of Central African Republic is at 2704 Ontario Road, in a 3-story brick 1914 townhouse. The embassy moved to this location in 2011.
2615 Woodley Place is a 1909 townhouse in Woodley Park.
St. Stephen Martyr Catholic Church is at 2436 Pennsylvania Avenue NW. St. Stephen’s parish begin in 1866, and the current church building was completed in 1961. It has a 70-foot bell tower with a large gold cross, dominating that corner of Pennsylvania Avenue. The front of the church has an 35-foot elliptical arch framing a […]
2538 Queen Anne’s Lane is a rowhouse in a small mews off 26th St. It was built in 1961.
The Westin Georgetown, at 2350 M St. NW, was built in 1984. It is an 8-story brick building in the post-modern style, with some Beaux-Arts and Art Deco detailing. The hotel was originally The Regent. After failures and bankruptcy, the property eventually was bought by Starwood Lodging. Starwood has franchished the hotel to the Westin. […]
1845 Calvert St. is a brick multi-family rowhouse, built in 1900.
The Chatham Court Apartments, at 1707 Columbia Road, were built in 1926 as luxury apartments by architect Harry Wardman. After the building was completed, it was sold to the prominent D.C. surgeon Dr. Bliss, and the Bliss family still owns the building.