1013 E St. NW was built by the M.E. Swing Company in 1920 for its coffee roasting and sales business. The building is three stories of brick in the Italianate style, with stone lettering between the top two floors “Coffee Roasters” and “MESCO Building”. The building was purchased for redevelopment in 1988 and Swing moved a block away. The facade has been retained, as part of the Pennsylvania Avenue National Historic Site.