The Woodhull House was built for Maxwell Woodhull in 1855, by an unknown architect. It is a two-story brick townhouse, in the Italianate style. Woodhull’s son donated the house to George Washington University in 1925.
Woodhull House has been renovated as a museum of Washingtoniana, displaying the collection of Albert Small. The Textile Museum has just been constructed next door and connected by an annex, first opening to the public on March 21, 2015.