The First Church of Christ Scientist, at 1770 Euclid St. NW, was built in 1912 in the neo-classical revival style by the architectural firm of Marsh & Peter. The building has a sandstone base, and a facade of grey Norman brick. There are six large Ionic columns framing three bronze front doors.
The church no longer occupies the building, and since 2008 plans have been in process for a hotel from developer Friedman Capital. The 226-room hotel will incorporate the church, plus build on the office building next door, which is in the process of being demolished.