Neighborhood
Foggy Bottom

St. Mary’s Episcopal Church

St. Mary’s Episcopal Church, at 730 23rd St. NW, was the first African-American Episcopal church in D.C.  It was built in 1887 by architects Renwick, Aspinwall & Russell, in the Gothic Revival style.  The building is on the National Register of Historic Places.

This image is of a side door to the building.