The Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, at 1315 8th St. NW, is a parish church dating from 1864, initially created to handle the increase in population in the St. Patrick’s parish and the expansion of the population northward in the city. Construction of the current church started in 1870, and extended over many years as the parish raised funds for its completion. The tower was completed in 1900 and the exterior completed in 1936.
The church is red brick, with a tall tower and arched windows. It was designed by Edward Clements, in the Gothic Revival style. The doors are wood, set into brick bays.