Emory United Methodist Church is at 6100 Georgia Avenue NW, on a tall hill overlooking the surrounding area. It was built in 1922 by the architectural firm of of Milburn, Heister and Company, in the Classical Revival Style. A 1907 building behind the church, constructed in 1907, was incorporated as an annex to the building.
The building is in the shape of a cruciform, and has four large Doric columns in the front. There are three wooden doors between the columns, surrounded by fieldstone and terracotta blocks. The building is in the process of a major remodeling, and the church is temporarily meeting at a different location.