The Lowell School is at 1640 Kalmia Rd. The school was founded in 1965 and purchased this campus in 1997. The campus was created by the Marjorie Webster Junior College, operating there from 1928 to 1971. The National Fire Academy bought the property in 1978 but did not use it. It then became a satellite campus for Gallaudet University, and was later sold to the Lowell School in 1997.
There are several buildings on the campus. This door is from the main building, constructed in 1928 and set high on a hill. The building is Mediterranean Revival, with a red tile roof and stucco walls. The architect was Colonel P.M. Anderson.