1701 18th St. NW was built in 1906 as a grand mansion for Dr. William Duncan McKim. It was designed by prominent architects Hornblower and Marshall, who also designed the Smithsonian Natural History Museum. It is four stories, with a large stained glass window over the original music room of the mansion.
After its many years as a private residence, it became the Taiwanese embassy. In 2004 it was converted into 9 condo units.