The Homer Building, at 601 13th St. NW, was a 4-story building constructed in 1913. It was designed by architect Appleton Clark, in the Beaux Arts style, with a concrete structure and terra-cotta facade.
In 1990, Akridge redeveloped it into a 12-story office building, preserving just the facade of the Homer Building. The new building extends 8 stories above the original building. Those new stories are of cast stone and masonry.