The Washington Canoe Club is at 3700 K St., on the Potomac River. It was built in 1904 by architect Georges P. Hales, as a long shingle-style building. It is dark green with white trim, with octagonal towers at either end, and was designed to look impressive from the river view. This door is on the K St. side. The structure was originally on piers, and ice floes once moved it several feet, but it now is on a concrete foundation.
The building is on the National Register of Historic Places.