Neighborhood
Cathedral Heights

3909 Woodley Road – Hearst Hall

Hearst Hall, at 3909 Woodley Road, was built in 1900 as the original home of the National Cathedral School for Girls.  The money for the building was donated by Phoebe Hearst, the mother of William Randolph Hearst.

The building was designed in the French Chateau style by architect Robert Gibson, a New York architect.  The construction was supervised by the D.C. architect Adolf Cluss.