One NoMa Station, at 131 M St. NE, is a six-story office building, with over 400,000 sq. feet of office space. The building was remodeled as part of the redevelopment of the area around the NoMa Metro. It was originally the warehouse for the Woodward & Lothrop department store. When Woodward & Lothrop failed in 1995, the property was bought by the Bristol Group, who has leased it to a combination of private and government tenants. Current tenants include the Office for Civil Rights and Civil Liberties of the Department of Homeland Security, the Citizenship and Immigration Services, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
Designed by the architectural firm Abbot, Merkt & Company, it was built in 1939 in the Streamline Moderne style. It is on the National Register of Historic Places.