The City Market at O is a historic market that has been transformed into multi-use retail and residential space. The renovation of it was one of the 10 award winners in 2015 of the Global Awards for Excellence from Urban Land Institute.
The market runs between 7th and 8th streets, and O and P Streets NW. It was built in the Gothic Revival style in 1881, as one of D.C.’s three public markets. It largely stopped being used in the 1960’s, and the new renovation started opening in 2013. The building is brick, with a square tower at the corner of 7th and O, and a gabled roof. It is on the National Register of Historic Places.