The Southeast Library, a branch of the D.C. Public Library, is at 403 7th St. SE. It is a tall one-story brick building with stone columns and detailing, by architect Edward Tilton, in the neo-Classical style. It opened in 1922, and was the second D.C. Library branch. It was one of three D.C. libraries funded in part by Andrew Carnegie.