1401 Okie Street is a 90,000 sq. ft. brick warehouse on the corner of Okie and Fenwick Streets in Ivy City; this door is on the Fenwick side of the building. Pappas Tomato Factory owned this building from 1979 to 2014; before that it was used by Safeway as a pre-pack operation. Douglas Development bought […]
The William Syphax School, at 1360 Half St. SW, is a two-story brick school in the Colonial Revival style. It was built in 1904 and used as a school up until 1994. In 2005, it was acquired by the non-profit developer Manna, and turned into affordable condo units as Syphax Village.
St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, at 14 M St. SE, is a large stone church built in 1904. It is currently famous for holding NatsMass, a mass at the right time to go directly afterwards to the Nationals game nearby on Sundays.
Engine Company 25 is at 3203 Martin Luther King Jr., Ave SE. It was built in 1901, and is on the National Register of Historic Places.
1140 3rd St NE is the former Washington Coliseum, known as Uline Arena. It opened in 1941 as an ice hockey arena, and after World War II was also used as a basketball arena and for performances, including the Beatles first performance in the U.S. It fell into disuse in 1973 after the hockey and […]
1939 14th St. NW is in the historic U Street corridor. The most recent tenant was JJ’s Cheesesteaks, which closed in 2017. The building is three stories, part of a pair of rowhouse-type buildings on the corner of 14th and U Street.
The Western Bus Garage is at 5230 Wisconsin Avenue. The building faces 44th Street and the garage doors are on the 44th Street side. It was built in 1934, by noted D.C. architect Arthur B. Heaton. The large building is in the shape of a trapezoid. The facade is brick, with concrete and steel and […]
1624 21st St. NW is a four-story brick townhouse, built in 1906.
One Hawaii Avenue NE is a two-story brick apartment building, constructed in 1940.