Restaurant Nora, the first certified organic restaurant in America, has been at 2132 Florida Avenue and R Street for 38 years, owning and occupying the building. Owner Nora Pouillon is retiring and has put the building and restaurant up for sale. The restaurant closed on June 30, 2017. The brick building is three stories, and […]
Luther Place Memorial Church is an Evangelical Lutheran church at 1226 Vermont Avenue. It was built in 1873.
The Woodward & Lothrup department store building is at 1025 F St. NW. Built in 1886, the building was remodeled several times until it reached the current form in 1927. The building is 10 stories, and originally contained 400,000 square feet. The exterior includes painted cast iron details and leaded glass. Woodward & Lothrup went […]
Asbury United Methodist Church, at 926 11th St. NW, was built in 1915. It was designed in the Gothic Revival style, by architect Clarence Lowell Handing.
The south building of the Department of Agriculture is at 14th and Independence, across from the administration building of the Department. Completed in 1936, it was the largest office building in the world at that time. It is brick, in the Classical style, and is connected by two large stone pedestrian bridges across Independence Avenue […]
The administrative building of the Department of Agriculture was built from 1904 to 1930, by architects Rankin, Kellogg and Crane, in the Beaux-Arts style. It faces the Mall, and is the only non-public building on the Mall. When the south building of the Department was built in 1936, two large stone pedestrian bridges were built […]
1330 New York Avenue NW is the Enrique V. Iglesias Conference Center of the Inter-American Development Bank. The Conference Center is a five-story glass building, next to the taller main building of the Inter-American Development Bank. The bank was founded in 1959 and is owned by 48 nations, as the primary source for development financing […]
The Reserve Officers Association of the United States is at 1 Constitution Avenue NE. The building is five stories faced with stone. It is one of the closest private buildings to the Capitol and Supreme Court, and offers conference facilities available for rental for press and group events.
Court Square, at 705 4th St. NW, is a four-story brick apartment building with stone trim and a red tile Italianate roof. It was built in 1926 and has 41 units.
100 Indiana Avenue NW, the Vincent R. Sombrotto Building, is an eight-story office building, constructed in 1951, with a stone facade and unadorned windows. It is owned by the National Association of Letter Carriers, and space is available in it for lease to other organizations.