Father O’Connell Hall, at 620 Michigan Ave. N.E., is one of the main buildings on the Catholic University campus. It was built in 1914, in the Gothic style. A major restoration project completed in 2014 preserved the historic elements while upgrading the building to be LEED-certified.
The Ukrainian Catholic National Shrine of the Holy Family, at 4250 Harewood Rd. NE, is an Eastern Catholic church. It was completed in 1999.
Gibbons Hall, on the Catholic University campus at 620 Michigan Ave., N.E, was built in 1911 in the collegiate Gothic style.
The Slowe Elementary School, at 1404 Jackson St. NE, was built in 1948. It was named for Lucy Diggs Slowe, who died in 1937. During her lifetime, she had many firsts, including the first Dean of Women at Howard University, and the first African-American woman to win a major sports title (American Tennis Association championship […]
The Basilica of the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, at 400 Michigan Avenue NE, is one of the ten largest churches in the world. Construction began in 1920 and was completed in 1959. The exterior architecture is Romanesque and the interior architecture is Byzantine. The Basilica cites several reasons for the decision to use those […]