The William Syphax School, at 1360 Half St. SW, is a two-story brick school in the Colonial Revival style. It was built in 1904 and used as a school up until 1994. In 2005, it was acquired by the non-profit developer Manna, and turned into affordable condo units as Syphax Village.
St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, at 14 M St. SE, is a large stone church built in 1904. It is currently famous for holding NatsMass, a mass at the right time to go directly afterwards to the Nationals game nearby on Sundays.
The Capitol Pumphouse is at 1520 First St. SE, on a pier in the Anacostia River near Nationals Stadium. It was built in 1903, and pumped river water to the Capitol for use in steam heating until the 1950’s. It was vacant for about 40 years, and in 2008 was refurbished to house the Earth […]
Building 113 of the Navy Yard Annex was built in 1903, as a coppersmith shop. It cost $32,000 to build, with a floor space of 12,000 square feet. The Navy Yard was established in 1799, and the Annex was constructed beginning in 1898 during the Spanish-American War, and extending through World War II. Most of […]
The Carroll Apartments, built in 1964, are at 410 M St. SE. There are 56 one-bedroom apartments in the building. These apartments are administered by the District Housing Authority, as affordable housing for seniors.
1108 3rd St. SE is a two-story brick townhouse. It was built in 2012, as part of the redevelopment of the Capitol Riverfront area.
300 M St. SE is an eight-story office building with 276,000 square feet. It was developed by Potomac Investments, as part of the redevelopment of the Capital Riverfront area which began in 2003.
Building 202 of the Navy Yard Annex was constructed in 1941 by the Public Works Administration. It was used for gun assembly and manufacture of optical parts for the military. Along with the other buildings in the Navy Yard Annex, it is now part of the Capitol Riverfront redevelopment, and is slated to be turned […]
Building 116 of the Navy Yard Annex is at Boyer St. SE, by the Anacostia River. The Navy Yard was established in 1799. The Navy Yard Annex, on the western side of the Navy Yard, was constructed beginning in 1898 during the Spanish-American War. It consists of many large industrial buildings, primarily of red brick, […]
1105-1107 4th St SE was built in 2012, part of a section of rowhouses built as part of the Capitol Riverfront redevelopment. A total of 323 rowhouses were built, combining affordable homes for rent or purchase with market-rate homes.